Welcome to 2018 - 2019 Torch Club page!
Please read all the details below
TORCH CLUB REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR TORCH CLUB 2018-2019
Torch Club is a leadership group and service club for 6th, 7th and 8th grade boys and girls from Easton and Redding. The goal of Torch Club is to strengthen 21st century leadership skills by teaching its members to learn how to enrich their lives and the lives of others through community service projects, leadership and by demonstrating good character. Torch Club members will elect officers and work together to implement projects in four focus areas: (i) service to the Redding Easton Boys and Girls Club and our Community; (ii) education; (iii) health and fitness; and (iv) social recreation.
Torch Club meetings will be held once a month on Saturday afternoons, between September and May. Community Service Projects, which are required for successful completion of Torch Club, are in addition to the monthly Torch Club meetings. All Torch Club Requirements must be completed by May 11, 2019. See below for details.
Meeting Dates (meetings will be held on the following Saturday afternoons in the BGCRE Clubhouse):
September 22, 2018
October 13, 2018
December 8, 2018
January 12, 2019
February 9, 2019
March 9, 2019
April 6, 2019
May 11, 2019
Requirements for successful completion of Torch Club:
- Attend one Torch Club meeting per month (can miss two meetings)
- Participate in a minimum of three Community Service Projects (one must be independent of the Club)
- Complete a total of ten hours of Community Service Projects (this includes the one that is independent of the Club)
- Help plan and run one Torch Club fundraiser
- Act respectfully and responsibly at all Torch Club meetings and Club-sponsored events
- Sign - and commit to - the Torch Club Pledge
The Torch Club Pledge:
- I will lead by example and be a positive role model for others.
- I will take responsibility for my schedule.
- I will be responsible for my actions, including what I say and do to others.
- I will display good sportsmanship and play by the rules.
- I will respect the Club, staff, and fellow members.
- I will strive to do my very best at all times.
Torch Club Members: up to 40 kids in grades 6-8 from Redding & Easton
Adult Leaders: Joanne Gray & Karen Payne
Cost: $155* for current BGCRE members. (Cost includes t-shirt and food).
*Scholarships are available please contact Joseph Dolan at 938-3166 for more information.
2017-2018 BGCRE Torch Club Members